The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Hmmmm. Is this a typo, or simply a deeply disturbing writing style?
"...as four bare-breasted male dancers writhed around..."
Maybe it is just me, but while technically correct, I genderize the words "bare-breast" and to a lesser extent "writhe," with females.
Now I am not a huge Madonna fan, but way back when, I was asked to join a friend in his company's private suite at the Palace (Detroit Piston's home) for a Madonna concert. It was very entertaining. But of course, maybe the company and the open bar had more to do with it than Ms Ciccone.
Well, Dan, you know what they say about those dancers . . .
I used to really like her music. Now, I'm just so tired of her that I can't bring myself to listen. And from what I hear, she puts on quite a performance. But she's almost a joke to me, because she spent her whole career simply trying to shock other people. She may have real passion about world issues. Yet, given her attention-whorish-ness, I have a hard time believing that anything she says isn't a calculated ploy simply to get others to pay attention.
The pictures of her on that cross look absolutely pathetic. She apparently yelled obscenities at a picture of George Bush and likened Tony Blair to Hitler. I don't care how much flair and energy and hard work are put into her shows. She's just a predictable media whore who isn't gliding into middle age with any grace whatsoever. Her attempts to "shock" have officially become a bore.
6 comments:
Hmmmm. Is this a typo, or simply a deeply disturbing writing style?
"...as four bare-breasted male dancers writhed around..."
Maybe it is just me, but while technically correct, I genderize the words "bare-breast" and to a lesser extent "writhe," with females.
Now I am not a huge Madonna fan, but way back when, I was asked to join a friend in his company's private suite at the Palace (Detroit Piston's home) for a Madonna concert. It was very entertaining. But of course, maybe the company and the open bar had more to do with it than Ms Ciccone.
Well, Dan, you know what they say about those dancers . . .
I used to really like her music. Now, I'm just so tired of her that I can't bring myself to listen. And from what I hear, she puts on quite a performance. But she's almost a joke to me, because she spent her whole career simply trying to shock other people. She may have real passion about world issues. Yet, given her attention-whorish-ness, I have a hard time believing that anything she says isn't a calculated ploy simply to get others to pay attention.
In short, I think she's full of shit.
The pictures of her on that cross look absolutely pathetic. She apparently yelled obscenities at a picture of George Bush and likened Tony Blair to Hitler. I don't care how much flair and energy and hard work are put into her shows. She's just a predictable media whore who isn't gliding into middle age with any grace whatsoever. Her attempts to "shock" have officially become a bore.
-Emily
I volunteer to stab her with a spear at the end of the crucifixion.
Emily,
Agreed. You said it much better than I did.
Cullen,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
You win.
I think you all nailed it!
(very bad pun intended)
Post a Comment