Daredevil thrills crowd, hurdles Caesars' fountain
108 feet, complete with a backflip. Good for him, considering the history of the jump.
My uncle was at the end of the ramp for this one:
December 31, 1967. This was probably the last thing Evel remembered before the crash. While Evel himself ended up across Flamingo Road in the Dunes parking lot, the motorcycle headed for the crowd. My uncle, 13 at the time, jumped onto the back of a fireman to avoid being run over.
Somewhere, there's footage of this. I hope to someday find it.
3 comments:
Ah yes, Evel The Nut. I really never understood what possessed him to do the crap he did.
WTF is this guy thinkin'?
A friend of mine had a brother (HAD) who was a total thrillseeker. He was a base jumper, so by the time he was in his late thirties, his body was destroyed. So much stuff had been broken, sprained, jostled and replaced, that he was in constant pain.
You can say that these people love defying death. I tend to think that, in some way, they welcome it. They want to die.
Post a Comment